Monday, November 9, 2009

Get to know me.

I'll start off by letting you know that I have never blogged, kept a journal, diary, or anything else of that nature. I have always felt that if I had something to say I would tell whoever I wanted to and that was that. Recently I have felt like expressing my feelings, thoughts, and wonderings in a more creative and public way, so here I am. If I like the feel of this outlet I'll start adding gadgets and other blog page decorations (with the help of my wife), but in the mean time this all you get.

If you read my profile you have already seen some of this information, but I feel that I should elaborate. I am 37 years old, married and have one son. As I said in my profile my life is not perfect, but I have never and can safely and confidently say will never meet a man luckier than myself. My wife is a beautiful women (even more so than she thinks) and she is my very best friend. I know almost all married couples say they married their best friend, and I don't want to trivialize those relationships, but I do believe mine is special. I did not marry my best friend instead I married a gorgeous gal that I found funny, attractive, and loved with all my heart. She became my best friend after marriage, and now there isn't anything that makes me happy, sad, laugh, or cry that I don't want to share with her. There are men out there that define that as whipped, and to those men all I can say is take a long hard look at your relationship or lack of relationship and then compare it to mine, and the result is I WIN! The other piece of what makes me lucky is my son. He is a crazy tornado of creativity, strength, hormones, burps, and man stench. He is a stand up comic one moment and a struggling artist the next. He sends my wife and I barreling down the rollercoaster of puberty everyday, and I would not trade it for anything.

Maybe you read this and think, I bet he drives a piece of shit car, or think, Nobody is that happy with their life. Maybe I'm not giving you enough credit and you're thinking, Hey good for him. Whatever the case that's me, it took me a while to fully get here, but I like it. It's not about what you don't have, it's about what you do with what you do have. I named my blog small victories after a talk my wife and I had, and it is my new outlook on life. Anyone can celebrate a touchdown (excuse the sports medifore, I love football GO VIKES), but it takes work to celebrate small victories. I caught a redlight on my way to work today, but I got to listen to the end of one of my favorite songs that I would have missed if the light was green. That was pretty cool.

See ya

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog! Keep going. This is an excellent outlet for you. I love you and believe in you...
    N~

    ReplyDelete